Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Preparation for Delhi Half Marathon 2009

Tommorrow is July 1, 2009. And the DHM is most probably in November first week like every year. That gives me 4 months to prepare myself to run 21km again.
I used the month of June to make up my mind and have finally decided to prepare. Have started running 3 km every alternate day and ran 6km once in mid-June to stretch myself.
Just like last year, I don't think I should run 21km anytime to prepare for 21km. I want to save the novelty of having achieved that milestone to the last day so that the excitement of achieving something helps me pull through. And believe me, its important.
What I plan to do differently this year is run 12km and 15km more often. I think I did 12km thrice and 15km just once last year. If I can do a 12km once every month and a 15km every alternate month, I think that should strech my legs enough.
Another thing that is going to be very important, I think, is to take care of the food intake. Delhi is anyway party season all year, what with all the get-togethers and never-ending festivals. Have already gotten in the habit of eating a little more than the body demands and this could hurt. Should cut down on the regular diet and I think add more fillers in between to avoid the energy loss. I want to get down by 3-4 kgs before the actual run to ease the burden on the joints. :))
Hope to have a fun-filled preparation. Best of luck to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment